ENTE VASCO DE LA ENERGÍA
Basque Energy Board
The Basque Government first created its own energy agency in 1982, the Energiaren Euskal Erakundea – Ente Vasco de la Energía (Basque Energy Board) to lay the foundations for an energy policy that has been grounded on energy efficiency, diversification of energy sources and promotion of renewables.
The Ente Vasco de la Energía is the Basque Government’s energy agency. Its mission is to:
- Propose energy strategies for the Basque Country, based on criteria of supply security, cost competitiveness, sustainability and technological development.
- Participate in developing these strategies and contribute to meeting the targets established therein.
“More than 35 years contributing to an energetically sustainable Basque Country”
To meet the expectations of the Basque Government’s Department of Economic Development and Infrastructures:
- To contribute to energy saving.
- To contribute to energy generation from renewable sources.
- To contribute to energy supply security.
- Technological development
- To position the Basque Country as a knowledge hub and an industrial reference in the energy industry.
- Economic resources
- To source financial resources to ensure self-financing..
- To generate values and social opinion in line with the defined strategy.
The Ente Vasco de la Energía seeks to be the region’s benchmark organisation in the energy field for its contribution to energy efficiency, development of renewable energy, supply security and its leadership in positioning the Basque Country as a knowledge pole and industrial reference point in the energy industry. This entity implements these items by:
Promoting singular projects with stakeholders that are best positioned to make a contribution.
Creating market opportunities that can be capitalised on by Basque business, based on the energy investment made.
Contributing criteria to society on energy-related values.
Contributing to compliance with the Department of Economic Development and Infrastructures’ plans and objectives.
Using tools as public-private partnership.
Alameda de Urquijo, 36 – 1º. Edificio Plaza Bizkaia. 48011 Bilbao
944 035 600
944 035 699
Do you want to share this member’s information?